Edgewood, Washington - 98371, 98372

 

History

Edgewood, though only successfully incorporated in February of 1996, has quite a long history before that. Washington's first ever telegraph line ran right through the very heart of modern day Edgewood as it paralleled Military Road. It is believed that Edgewood was named in 1891 after school teacher, Mrs. Morris' home town located in Maryland. The history of this small town can be traced back to the Puyallup Indian Tribe that lived along the Puyallup River and on Vashon Island. This small town's only known, and recognized for that matter, landmark is the Nyholm Windmill. The windmill